Thursday, November 22, 2007

Finally finished my hat!



Ok so I finally finished my hat! This is the second hat that I've knitted this week and my first one for myself. This pattern is so damn easy now that I have it figured out. I had to frog Josh's camo one 3 times for various reasons. Mainly because of my own inexperience. I "THOUGHT" that the decreases were supposed to turn out differently than they did...and I said, that's only because of my own inexperience. i've never really done anything that had decreases or increases so I was expecting something different. Either way, after I got that figured out I wasn't sure if it would be long enough for Josh to want to wear and I didn't see much sense in knitting him a hat if he couldn't wear it. Finally I was able to finish it and I promptly started my own. I have started my calorimetry, but I have to keep starting over because I have some kinda constant problem with counting my CO stitches and keeping track of something as complicated as a K2 P2 ribbed pattern. I'm bound and determined to get it right THIS TIME though....I guess third times a charm they say :) Oh! I even added a little homemade pom pom onto mine! It's that the cutest damn thing you ever did see? Well *I* think it is :)

In a few hours we are going to venture to Josh's parent's house for some delicious food and I can't wait. It would be a lot better if Josh didn't have to work immediatly afterwards, but hell, what are ya gonna do? At least he'll be home in 6 hours rather than 12 like yesterday though.

Last night I was sitting here reading Grrleighknit's blog and I was bombarded with these horrible stomach pains. Not just the run of the mill tummy ache, but I was wracked with pain. I climbed up in the bed and was even in too much pain to knit! When I told Josh that, he KNEW how serious the pain was (haha) So I was laying there rocking back and forth in a ball and I get the I'm-gonna-puke feeling. I've had this kind of stomach ache before and the only thing that makes it feel even close to better is puking. So puke I did! So today, after power puking my innards out my throat is raw and my taste buds are all fucked up. I'm hoping that doesn't interfere with my Thanksgiving pig out.


Check out the centerpiece I made for my table. I had a vase full of dried roses and I decided to put the heads into a brass bowl. I also took some of the dried petals and then layed the heads on top of those. I think it's awfully pretty. I sometimes like dead roses even more than the live ones. I know, I'm weird! Also, floral designers everywhere would probably cringe over that :)


Well, I'm off to see if I can get the first couple of rows done on my calorimetry without having to frog for the fourth time. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Eat Lots and be Merry!

No comments: