Thursday, November 22, 2007

Carpal Tunnel? Or just a sign telling me to STOP!!


Ok, So I've been knitting all damn day and I've made some decent progress on Calorimetry. I've had to slow down to a crawl in the last hour because my wrist is flippin' KILLING ME!! I've never had this problem before. I don't know if it's because I went from knitting a few projects on circulars and then switched back to straights or just because of my last month to month and a half of pretty much non stop knitting. All I know is that my wrist is aching! That is really lame because I have tomorrow off and I had some PLANS for my needles tomorrow.
So, I've been doing a lot of knit blog reading in the last few days and I have to admit, I feel like a cheap yarn whore. I know that I'm JUST starting out and all that good stuff and that I can barely knit a 2x2 rib without fucking it up and miscounting stitches, but I have a serious yearning for some expensive, soft, awesomely colorful yarn! I think that I'm going to treat myself to a big ol pile of it really really soon. I need SOMETHING to cheer me up with all of the crazy shit I've been dealing with in the last couple weeks. I wanna make a shrug or something. Something a little more complicated than a damn hat!! Reading all of these hardcore knitbloggers posts have me jealous and itching for some REAL yarn. Don't get me wrong, the $1.99 Wal-mart yarn has been doing the trick for me, but I feel like such a novice using it. I know that I AM a beginner, but I can at least get some good yarn to kick off my stash with. I hope that I get lots of yarn for Xmas..cheapo or not. I just love knitting so I don't really mind what I'm knitting with. Ok I'm going to try knitting again and see if my sore wrist will cooperate or if I'm gonna have to suck it up and put the needles down for a little while *SIGH*

No comments: