Tuesday, December 11, 2007

YAY!!!!!

Ok so I finally finished my basketweave scarf after working on it for forever it seems. That has a lot to do with the fact that i haven't really been up to knitting anything, much less something that i have to carry a pattern around with me anytime that I feel like making any progress on it. Either way, it's done and over with and it turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Here is the finished product..

Yeah, I know, I'm a dumbass and I didn't get a finished shot of it before I wrapped up nice and pretty today. It's all good because I will be able to get a picture of it when I give it to Josh's mom. I promise that I will post it then. I started the second scarf in my "series" today. I am doing another basketweave scarf, but it's a different pattern. A much less complex one that is for Josh's dad. I'm not entirely sure that he will even WEAR a scarf, but I think that he'd at least wear it just because I made it for him. We'll see I guess. I don't think that you are able to see the stitch pattern in this pictures, but it's basically K4, P4 for four rows and then P4, K4...very simple. I'm hoping that I'll be able to knock it out pretty quickly. I did get some very pretty yarn yesterday from good 'ol Hobby Lobby and i can't wait to make something purdy with it. I also finally got some larger DPN's that I've been in desperate need of. On that same trip, I also went to the library and got a book called Wrap Style and it's a bunch of patterns for wraps, shawls, ponchos, capes and shrugs. I've been really itching to make a shrug lately but everything in this book seems a little difficult. I might need some direction from another fellow knitter before I can tackle what I'm wanting to try. I do know that I need something to take my mind away from all of the fucked up shit going on in my life...so what better to do that, than a new thing to knit. Might as well right!
Well, I've got some awesome news! I've lost about 18lbs.! I've got a pair of jeans that I've loved for ever, but they have been too tight lately to wear comfortably...as in, I have to lay down to get them buttoned and I have to break a rib to get them zipped. Well, I tried them on a few days ago and I don't have to lay down at all to get them buttoned. They actually fit GOOD! If that wasn't good enough, I went into work this morning, and Gina, my co-worker, any my new favorite person, said to me "GOD Amber, You've lost some weight haven't you!!!" Boy, does SHE know how to make someone's day or what? Haha!! I have totally cut out soda and I've been working out and cutting back on calories BIG time. It's obviously working so I'm not about to quit doing it now. Speaking of calories, dinner is about done so I"m gonna go, but I promise that I will start posting a lot more frequently than I have been. It will probably do me some good anyways. It's a lot better than sitting around the house just going nuts staring at the walls. Much love to everyone!
Amber

No comments: